The hydrodynamic stability of core-annular flow of two ideal liquids
- 105 Downloads
The hydrodynamic stability of core-annular flow of two ideal liquids through a pipe is investigated. If the thickness of the annular layer is much smaller than the radius of the pipe, the pipe wall has a strong reducing effect on the growth velocity of possible Rayleigh-Taylor and Kelvin-Helmholtz instabilities at the interface between the two liquids.
KeywordsGrowth Velocity Pipe Wall Hydrodynamic Stability Ideal Liquid Annular Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Lord Rayleigh, Proc. Roy. Soc.29 (1879) 71.Google Scholar
- Weber, C., Z. Angew. Math. Mech.11 (1931) 136.Google Scholar
- Tomotika, S., Proc. Roy. Soc.A153 (1936) 302.Google Scholar
- Bohr, N., Trans. Roy. Soc.A204 (1909) 281.Google Scholar
- Charles, M. E., G. W. Govier andG. W. Hodgson, Can. J. Chem. Eng. February (1961) 27.Google Scholar