Nonsteady flow of groundwater in aquifer system with viscoelastic properties
- 20 Downloads
The transient flow behavior of groundwater in aquifer-aquitard system with viscoelastic properties is studied. On the basis of previous works (Hantush, Neuman, Brutsaert, Corapcioglu), the new partial differential-integral equations are derived. The well-known equations (Hantush, Brutsaert) are the special cases of the new equations. The new equations describe the flow of a slightly compressible groundwater in layers with viscoelastic properties.
Analytical solutions of the partial differential-integral equations are obtained by using the method of Laplace transform. The viscoelastic properties enhance the heterogeneities of elastic aquifer system which have delay and feed qualities. The agreements between the numericl inversion results of Laplace transform and the analytical solutions are good. The formulae predict the transient flow behavior of groundwater in this heterogeneous layers.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Aquifer System Industrial Mathematic Flow Behavior Viscoelastic Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Liu, C. Q., The unsteady flow of compressible liquid in a bounded stratified reservoir with a semipervious interlayer.Collected Papers of Lanzhou Institute of Geology Academia Sinica (1964), 63–68.Google Scholar
- Liu, C. Q., One dimensional consolidation of saturated flow in layers.Acta Mechanica Sinca, 3 (1977), 191–194.Google Scholar
- Neuman, S. P. and P. A. Witherspoon Theory of flow in a confined two-aquifer system.Water Resource Res. 5, 4 (1969), 803–816.Google Scholar
- Chen, Z. X. et al., Exact solution for the problem of crossflow in a bounded two-aquifer system with an aquitard,Acta Mechanica Sinica, 2 (1982), 129–143.Google Scholar
- Brutsaert, W. et al Pumping of aquifer with viscoelastic properties, 102, Hy 11 (1976), 1663–1676.Google Scholar
- Corapcioglu, M. Y., Mathematical modelling of leaky aquifers with rheological properties,Proc. of the Anahein Symporsium, Dec. (1976), 191–200.Google Scholar
- Stehfest, H., Algorithm 368, numerical inversion of Laplace transforms, D-5.Commun. ACM, 13, 1 (1970), 47–49.Google Scholar