Comparison of experiments via a group majorization ordering
This paper generalizes results of Tong (1989) and Shaked and Tong (1992) on comparison of experiments via dependence of normal variables with a common marginal distribution.
Key Words and PhrasesComparison of experiments majorization J-majorization positive dependence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Giovagnoli A, Wynn HP (1985)G-majorization with applications to matrix orderings. Linear Algebra Appl 67:111–135Google Scholar
- LaMotte LR (1972) Notes on the covariance matrix of a random, nested anova model. Ann Math Statist 43:659–662Google Scholar
- Marshall AW, Olkin I (1979) Inequalities: Theory and its applications. Academic Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Rinott Y, Pollack M (1980) A stochastic ordering induced by a concept of positive dependence and monotonicity of asymptotic test sizes. Ann Statist 8:256–262Google Scholar
- Shaked M, Tong YU (1992) Comparison of experiments via dependence of normal variables with a common marginal distribution. Ann Statist 20:614–618Google Scholar
- Stepniak C (1989) Stochastic ordering and Schur-convex functions in comparison of linear experiments. Metrika 36:291–298Google Scholar
- Tong Y (1989) Inequalities for a class of positively dependent random variables with a common marginal. Ann Statist 17:429–435Google Scholar
- Torgersen E (1984) Orderings of linear models. J Statist Plann and Inference 9:1–17Google Scholar
© Physica-Verlag 1994