Shape optimization of structures for multiple loading conditions using a homogenization method
- 605 Downloads
A formulation for shape optimization of elastic structures subject to multiple load cases is presented. The problem is solved using a homogenization method. When compared to the single load solution strategy, it is shown that the more general formulation can produce more stable designs while it introduces little additional complexity.
KeywordsCivil Engineer Load Condition Load Case Shape Optimization Solution Strategy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Díaz, A.; Belding, B. 1990: On optimum truss layout by a homogenization method.ASME Trans. Mech. Design (to appear)Google Scholar
- Kirsch, U. 1989: Optimal topologies of structures.Appl. Mech. Rev. 42, 223–239Google Scholar
- Olhoff, N.; Bendsøe, M.P.; Rasmussen, J. 1991: On CAD-intgrated structural topology and design optimization.Int. J. Num. Meth. Engng. (to appear)Google Scholar
- Papalambros, P.; Chirehdast, M. 1990: An integrated environment for structural configuration design.J. Engrg. Design 1, 73–91Google Scholar
- Rozvany, G.I.N. 1989:Structural design via optimality criteria. Dordrecht: KluwerGoogle Scholar
- Suzuki, K.; Kikuchi, N. 1991: A homogenization method for shape and topology optimization.Comp. Meth. Appl. Mech. Engrg. (to appear)Google Scholar