The polynomials in the linear span of integer translates of a compactly supported function
- 44 Downloads
Algebraic facts about the space of polynomials contained in the span of integer translates of a compactly supported function are derived and then used in a discussion of the various quasi-interpolants from that span.
Key words and phrasesBox splines Multivariate Splines Quasi-interpolant Semidiscrete convolution
AMS classification41A15 41A63 41A25
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BH.C. de Boor, K. Höllig (1982/83):B-splines from parallelepipeds. J. Analyse Math.,42:99–115.Google Scholar
- BJ.C. de Boor, R.-Q. Jia (1985):Controlled approximation and a characterization of the local approximation order. Proc. Amer. Math. Soc.,95:547–553.Google Scholar
- CD.C. K. Chui, H. Diamond (1985): A natural formulation of quasi-interpolation by multivariate splines. CAT Report No. 103. College Station: Texas A&M University.Google Scholar
- CJW.C. K. Chui, K. Jetter, J. D. Ward (1985): Cardinal interpolation by multivariate splines, CAT Report No. 86. College Station: Texas A&M University.Google Scholar
- CL.C. K. Chui, M. J. Lai (1985): A multivariate analog of Marsden's identity and a quasiinterpolation scheme. CAT Report No. 88. College Station: Texas A&M University.Google Scholar
- DM83.W. Dahmen, C. A. Micchelli (1983):Translates of multivariate splines. Linear Algebra Appl.,52/3:217–234.Google Scholar
- DM85.W. Dahmen, C. A. Micchelli (1985):On the solution of certain systems of partial difference equations and linear independence of translates of box splines. Trans. Amer. Math. Soc.,292:305–320.Google Scholar
- FS.G. Fix, G. Strang (1969):Fourier analysis of the finite element method in Ritz-Galerkin theory. Studies Appl. Math.,48:265–273.Google Scholar
- S.I. J. Schoenberg (1946):Contributions to the problem of approximation of equidistant data by analytic functions, Parts A and B. Quart. Appl. Math.,IV: 45–99, 112–141.Google Scholar