Single tuberculous stricture in the jejunum: Report of 2 cases
- 34 Downloads
Intestinal tuberculosis is now considered rare. It usually involves the ileocecal region and often produces multiple ulcers in the small intestine. This is a report of 2 patients who presented with a single tuberculous stricture in the jejunum, an exceedingly rare manifestation of this disease. The stricture in each case consisted of a short girdle ulcer with irregular margins, detected by double-contrast studies of the small intestine.
Key wordsIntestinal tuberculosis, diagnosis Jejunum, stricture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Paurtian FF, Marshall JB: Intestinal tuberculosis. In Berk JE (ed):Gastroenterology 4th ed., vol. 3. Philadelphia: WB Saunders, 1985, pp 2018–2036Google Scholar
- 2.Pringot J, Bodart P: Inflammatory disease. In Margulis AR Burhenne HJ (eds):Alimentary Tract Radiology 3rd ed. vol. 1. St. Louis, MO: CV Mosby, 1983, pp 1575–1579Google Scholar
- 3.Watanabe E, Enjoji M, Yao T: Histopathology of intestinal tuberculosis. I to Cho (Stomach and Intestine)12:1481–1495, 1977Google Scholar
- 4.Werbeloff L, Movis HB, Bank S, Marks IN: The radiology of tuberculosis of the gastro-intestinal tract.Br J Radiol 46:329–336, 1973Google Scholar
- 5.Schwatt H, Steinbach MM: Tuberculosis of the intestine.Am Rev Tuberc 8:9–39, 1923Google Scholar
- 6.Camiel MR: Ileocecal tuberculosis.Radiology 44:344–351, 1945Google Scholar
- 7.Brombert M, Massion J: Radiologic differences between ileocecal tuberculosis and Crohn's disease. 1. Diagnosis of ileocecal tuberculosis.Am J Dig Dis 6:589–603, 1961Google Scholar
- 8.Shirakabe H: A theoretical study of x-ray examination in intestinal tuberculosis. I to Cho (Stomach and Intestine)12:1455–1466, 1977Google Scholar
- 9.Yao T, Ogawa K, Shimoda Y, Watanabe H: Roentgenographic analysis of tuberculosis of the small intestine. I to Cho (Stomach and Intestine)12:1467–1480, 1977Google Scholar
- 10.Tandon HD, Prakash A: Pathology of intestinal tuberculosis and its distinction from Crohn's disease.Gut 13:260–269, 1972Google Scholar
- 11.Bodart P, Dive C, Van Trappen G: Radiological differences between ileocecal tuberculosis and Crohn's disease. 2. Diagnosis of Crohn's disease.Am J Dig Dis 6:605–621, 1961Google Scholar