Diaphragmatic endometriosis: CT and MR findings
- 65 Downloads
A case of endometrioma presenting as a diaphragmatic mass in a 36-year-old woman is described. The computed tomographic (CT) and magnetic resonance (MR) findings of the lesion at this rare site of involvement are illustrated, and the pertinent literature is briefly reviewed.
Key wordsAbdomen, CT and MRI Endometriosis, diaphragm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Merrill JA: Endometriosis. In: Danforth DN, Scott JR, (eds):Obstetrics and Gynecology, 5th ed. Philadelphia: JB Lippincott, 1986, pp 995–1007Google Scholar
- 2.Sampson JA: The development of the implantation theory for the origin of peritoneal endometriosis.Am J Obstet Gynecol 40:549–557, 1940Google Scholar
- 3.Fishman EK, Scatarige JC, Saksouk FA, Rosenhein NB, Siegelman SS: Computed tomography of endometriosis.J Comput Assist Tomogr 7:257–264, 1983Google Scholar
- 4.Amato M, Levitt R: Abdominal wall endometrioma: CT findings.J Comput Assist Tomogr 8:1213–1214, 1984Google Scholar
- 5.Gitelis S, Petasnick JP, Turner DA, Ghiselli RW, Miller AW: Endometriosis simulating a soft tissue tumor of the thigh: CT and MR evaluation.J Comput Assist Tomogr 9:573–576, 1985Google Scholar
- 6.Wolf GC, Kopecky KK: MR imaging of endometriosis arising in cesarean section scar.J Comput Assist Tomogr 13:150–152, 1989Google Scholar
- 7.Nishimura K, Togashi K, Itoh K, et al.: Endometrial cysts of the ovary: MR imaging.Radiology 162:315–318, 1987Google Scholar
- 8.Mitchell DG, Mintz MC, Spritzer CE, et al.: Adnexal masses: MR imaging observations at 1.5 T, with US and CT correlation.Radiology 162:319–324, 1987Google Scholar
- 9.Zawin M, McCarthy S, Scoutt L, Comite F: Endometriosis: Appearance and detection at MR imaging.Radiology 171:693–696, 1989Google Scholar