Right hepatic artery as a cause of pseudocalculus in the biliary tree
- 17 Downloads
The right hepatic artery (RHA) may be the cause of a pseudocalculus in the common hepatic duct (CHD). Extrinsic pressure by the RHA on the CHD was seen in 15% of 61 retrograde cholangiograms and in 70% of 23 sonograms in which the RHA was identified. The anatomical relationship between the RHA and the CHD was confirmed by cast corrosion studies.
Key wordsBiliary tract, pseudocalculus Right hepatic artery, abnormalities
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Behan M, Kazam E: Sonography of the common bile duct: value of the right anterior oblique view.AJR 130:701–709, 1978Google Scholar
- 2.Cooperberg PL, Li D, Wong P, Cohen MM, Burhenne HJ: Accuracy of common hepatic duct size in the evaluation of extrahepatic biliary obstruction,Radiology 135:141–144, 1980Google Scholar
- 3.Ralls PW, Quinn MF, Rogers W, Halls J: Sonographic anatomy of the hepatic artery.AJR 136:1059–1063, 1981Google Scholar
- 4.Berk RN, Clemmett AR:Radiology of the Gallbladder and Bile Ducts. Philadelphia: WB Saunders Co, 1977Google Scholar
- 5.Hatfield D, Wise R:Radiology of the Liver, Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins, 1976Google Scholar
- 6.Burhenne HJ: Percutaneous extraction of retained biliary stones.AJR 134:889–898, 1980Google Scholar
- 7.Rohrmann CA, Ansel HJ, Ayoola EA, Silvis SE, Vennes JA: Endoscopic retrograde intrahepatic cholangiogram: radiographic findings in intrahepatic disease,AJR 128:45–52, 1977Google Scholar
- 8.Beneventano TC, Schein CJ: The pseudocalculus sign in cholangiography,Arch Surg 98:731–733, 1969Google Scholar
- 9.Michels NA:Blood Supply and Anatomy of the Upper Abdominal Organs with a Descriptive Atlas, Philadelphia: Lippincott, 1955Google Scholar
- 10.Kuhns LR, Borlaza G: Normal variant: aberrant right hepatic artery on computed tomography.Radiology 135:392, 1980Google Scholar