Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography
- 23 Downloads
Indications for endoscopic retrograde cholangiography (ERCP) have been poorly defined. We studied the symptoms in 161 patients who underwent ERCP and evaluated the results from four groups of indications: cholestasis, pancreatitis, suspected carcinoma of the pancreas, and pain of unknown etiology. The likelihood of finding abnormalities is discussed.
Key wordsCholangiography Pancreatography Cholestasis Pancreatitis Pancreatic carcinoma
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Oi I, Kobayashi S, Kondo T: Endoscopic pancreatocholangiography.Encoscopy 2:103–106, 1970Google Scholar
- 2.Tagagi K, Ikeda S, Nakagawa Y, Sakaguchi N, Takahashi T, Kumakura K, Maruyama M, Someya N, Nakano H, Takada T, Takekoshi T, Kin T: Retrograde pancreatography and cholangiography by fiberduodenoscope.Gastroenterology 59:445–452, 1970Google Scholar
- 3.Cotton PB: Progress report ERCP!Gut 18:316–341, 1977Google Scholar
- 4.Bilbao MK, Dotter CT, Lee TG, Katon RM: Complications of endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP).Gastroenterology 70:314–320, 1976Google Scholar
- 5.Fischer MG, Wolff WI, Geffen A, Shinya H, Ozoktay S: Antegrade and retrograde visualization of the biliary tree. Case Report.Am J Gastroenterol 61:129–132, 1971Google Scholar
- 6.Elias E, Hamlyn AN, Jain S, Long RG, Summerfield JA, Dick R, Sherlock S: A randomized trial of percutaneous transhepatic cholangiography with the Chiba needle versus endoscopic retrograde cholangiography for bile duct visualization in jaundice.Gastroenterology 71: 439–443, 1976Google Scholar
- 7.Elizs E: Progress report: Cholangiography in the jaundiced patient.Gut 17:801–811, 1976Google Scholar
- 8.Rohrmann CA, Silvis SE, Vennes JA: The evaluation of the endoscopic pancreatogram.Radiology 113:297–304, 1974Google Scholar
- 9.Clouse ME, Gregg JA, Sedwick CE: Angiography vs. pancreatography in diagnosis of carcinoma of the pancreas.Radiology 114:605–610, 1975Google Scholar
- 10.Freeny PC, Bilbao MK, Katon RM: “Blind” evaluation of ERCP in the diagnosis of pancreatic carcinoma: The “double duct” and other signs.Radiology 119:271–274, 1976Google Scholar
- 11.Rohrmann CA, Silvis SE, Vennes JA: The significance of pancreatic ductal obstruction in differential diagnosis of the abnormal endoscopic retrograde pancreatogram.Radiology 121:311–314, 1976Google Scholar