Pancreatic pseudotumors: Computed tomography
- 26 Downloads
Although pancreatic disease is suspected initially by historical or biochemical findings, the nature of the pathologic process in the past was frequently established only through invasive procedures. Inferences can be drawn from routine roentgenologic examinations, but visualization of the pancreas has only recently been achieved. Of the currently available noninvasive imaging procedures, computed tomography, in our opinion, is the screening procedure of choice. Care in the interpretation of pancreatic masses must be exercised since some of the findings can be attributed to anatomic variants, normal adjacent structures, or other neighboring pathologic processes.
Key wordsComputed tomography Pancreas
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Haaga JR, Alfidi RJ, Zelch MG, Meaney TF, Baller M, Gonzalez L, Jeldon G: In vivo CT scanning of the pancreas.Radiology 120:589–595, 1976Google Scholar
- 2.Haaga JR, Alfidi RJ, Havrilla TR, Tubbs R, Gonzalez L, Meaney TF: Definitive role of CT scanning of the pancreas (the second year's experience).Radiology 124 (3):723–732, 1977Google Scholar
- 3.Haaga JR, Alfidi RJ: Computed tomographic scanning of the pancreas.Radiol Clin North Am 15:367–376, 1977Google Scholar
- 4.Sheedy PF II, Stephens DH, Hattery RR, MacCarty RL: Computed tomography in the evaluation of patients with suspected carcinoma of the pancreas.Radiology 124(3):731–737, 1977Google Scholar
- 5.Sheedy PF II, Stephens DH, Hattery RR, MacCarty RL, Williamson B: Computed tomography of the pancreas.Radiol Clin North Am 15:349–366, 1977Google Scholar
- 6.Stanley RJ, Sagel SS, Levitt RG: Computed tomographic evaluation of the pancreas.Radiology 124 (3):715–722, 1977Google Scholar
- 7.Reynes CJ, Henkin R, Churchill RJ, Woodruff A: Correlative pancreatic imaging utilizing ultrasound and computer enhanced isotope scanning. Scientific exhibit presented at the 63rd Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America, Chicago, Nov 27–Dec 2, 1977Google Scholar