On the Reissner theory of bending of flastic plates
- 89 Downloads
The Reissner equations of elastic plates are rederived on the bases of the incomplete generalized variational principle of Complementary energy. The Stress function ψ is naturally obtained from the variational Calculation in the form of Lagrange multiplier. The stucture of solutions of the Reissner equations is thus defined. On the bases of these discussions, a simplified theory has been put forward, in which the equations of equilibrium involving the shearing influence can be reduced into a fourth order differential equation similar to those of the Classical theory of plates.
KeywordsDifferential Equation Mathematical Modeling Lagrange Multiplier Industrial Mathematic Variational Principle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Reissner, E., On the theory of bending of elastic plates,J. Math. Phys, 23, 184 (1944).Google Scholar
- 2.Reissner, E., The effect of transverse shear deformation on the bending of elastic plates,J. Appl. Mech. 12, A69 (1945).Google Scholar
- 3.Reissner, E., On bending of elastic plates,Quart, Appl, Math. 5, 55 (1947).Google Scholar
- 4.Salerno V. L., and Goldberg, M.A., Effect of shear deformations on the bending of rectangular plates,J. Appl, Mech. 27, 54 (1960).Google Scholar
- 5.Koeller, R.C. and Essenburg, F., Shear deformation in rectangular plates, proc. 4th U.S. Nat. Cong.Appl, Mech, 1, 555 (1962).Google Scholar
- 6.Frederick, D., Thick rectangular plates On an elastic foundation, Trans. A.S.C. E. 122 1067 (1957).Google Scholar
- 7.Chien, Wei-zang, Studies of Generalized Variational Principles in Elasticity, and their applications in finite element calculations mechanics and practice (in Chinese), vol I, No. 1, No. 2 (1979)Google Scholar
- 8.Speare, P.R.S. and Kemp, K.O., A simplified Reissner theory for plate bending,Int. J. Solids Structures, 13, 1073 (1977).Google Scholar
- 9.(Shun cheng), Elastic Theory of Plates and their improvement (to be published)Google Scholar
- 10.Timoshenko, S. and Woinowsky-Krieger, S.,Theory of Plates and Shells, McGraw-Hill, New York (1959).Google Scholar