On the sublattices of the Barnes-wall lattice
- 22 Downloads
This paper is connected with the fundamental work of E.S. Barnes and G.E. Wall  in which the authors defined the so-called Barnes-Wall lattice. We shall determine the number of minima of some special sublattices of dimension 2 n −k of this lattice, where 1≤k≤n.
Mathematics subject classification numbers1991. Primary 11H50 Secondary 52C07
Key words and phrasesn-lattice minimum vector
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E. S. Barnes andG. E. Wall, Some extreme forms defined in terms of Abelian groups,Journal of the Australian Math. Soc. (1959), 47–63.Google Scholar
- J. M. Conway andN. J. A. Sloane,Sphere Packings, Lattices and Groups, Springer-Verlag (1988).Google Scholar
- Á. G. Horváth, On the number of the minima ofN-lattices.Conference on Intuitive Geometry, Szeged, (1991) (to appear)Google Scholar
- Á. G. Horváth, Codes and lattices.Periodica Polytechnica Hungarica (to appear)Google Scholar
- J. Leech, Some sphere packings in higher space.Canadian J. Math. 16 (1964).Google Scholar