Expansive self-homeomorphisms on G-spaces
- 62 Downloads
Beginning with examples, the notion ofG-expansiveness over a metric spaceX on which a topological groupG acts is introduced. Some conditions are determined under which expansiveness onX impliesG-expansiveness. A characterization of aG-expansive homeomorphism is obtained which in turn gives a sufficient condition for the homeomorphic extension of aG-expansive homeomorphism to beG-expansive. At the end, some results are stated in the form of concluding remarks.
Mathematics subject classification numbers1991. Primary 54C10 Secondary 54H20
Key words and phrasesG-spaces expansive homeomorphisms
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bredon, G. E.,Introduction to compact transformation groups, Academic Press, New York and London, 1972.Google Scholar
- Bryant, B. F., Expansive self-homeomorphisms of a compact metric space,Amer. Math. Monthly,69 (1962), 386–391.Google Scholar
- Utz, W. R., Unstable homeomorphisms,Proc. Amer. Math. Soc.,1 (1950), 769–774.Google Scholar
- Walters, P.,An introduction to ergodic theory, Springer-Verlag, New York Inc., 1982.Google Scholar
- Wine, J. D., Extending expansive homeomorphisms,Proc. Amer. Math. Soc.,86 (1982), 531–534.Google Scholar