Comparison of various methods of KLa estimation in cultures of filamentous microorganisms
- 41 Downloads
Three methods, the dynamic one, the balance one, and the biological one, were used for KLa estimation in the culture ofAspergillus niger. Big differences between the values obtained by the dynamic and the other two methods were observed. The mathematical model including the diffusion of oxygen into the pellets can offer an explanation.
KeywordsOxygen Mathematical Model Filamentous Microorganism
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kobayashi T., van Dedem G., and Moo-Young M. (1973). Biotechnol. Bioeng. 15, 27–45.Google Scholar
- Kubíček M. (1983) Numeric methods for solution of chemical engineering problems. (In Czech), SNTL, Prague.Google Scholar
- Müller D. (1928). Biochem. Z. 199, 136–170 (1928)Google Scholar
- Sobotka M., Prokop A., Dunn I.J., and Einsele A. (1982). Ann. Report Ferment. Proc. 5, 127–210.Google Scholar
- Tuffile C.M., and Pinho R. (1970). Biotechnol. Bioeng. 12, 849–871.Google Scholar
- Votruba J., and Sobotka M. (1976). Biotechnol. Bioeng. 17, 1815–1819.Google Scholar