Vibrational spectra of polycrystallineMNCO (M = K, Rb, Cs)
- 17 Downloads
IR and Raman spectra are reported for polycrystalline samples of the isomorphousMNCO (M=K,Rb,Cs). The lattice modes are generally assignable to the symmetry species of the factor groupD4h by analogy with those ofMN3, but the internal modes are not, in general, interpretable by any known practical analysis. These spectral features may be associated with the disorder of the NCO− ions in the crystal structure.
KeywordsPhysical Chemistry Crystal Structure Inorganic Chemistry Raman Spectrum Spectral Feature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Gordon, D. J., and Smith, D. F. Jr. (1974).Spectrochim. Acta 30, 2047.Google Scholar
- Hathaway, C. E., and Temple, P. A. (1971).Phys. Rev. B 3, 3497.Google Scholar
- Hendricks, S. B., and Pauling, L. (1925).J. Am. Chem. Soc. 47, 2904.Google Scholar
- Iqbal, Z. (1970).Opt. Commun 2, 33.Google Scholar
- Iqbal, Z. (1972).J. Chem. Phys. 57, 2422.Google Scholar
- Rao, K. R., Trevino, S. F., Prask, H., and Mical, R. D. (1971).Phys. Rev. B 4, 4551.Google Scholar
- Scattergood, A. (1946).Inorganic Synthesis, Vol. II (McGraw Hill, New York), p. 87.Google Scholar
- Vanderaee, C. E., and Myers, R. A. (1961).J. Phys. Chem. 65, 154.Google Scholar
- Waddington, T. C. (1959).J. Chem. Soc. 2499.Google Scholar