Kinematics for the scattering of spacelike momentum
- 43 Downloads
The kinematics of elastic and inelastic tachyon-bradyon and tachyon-tachyon scattering 2→2 is examined. To get kinematic limits finite, the initial and final momenta of a tachyon are subjected to the restrictionpp′<0. This is sufficient in tachyon-bradyon scattering; in tachyon-tachyon scattering additional covariant restrictions exist, though these follow from the problem. In an alternative approach, where there is interaction the particle energies must be positive relative to the rest frame of the total momentum, which additional condition is shown to lead to a simplification of the kinematic results.
KeywordsField Theory Elementary Particle Quantum Field Theory Additional Condition Rest Frame
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Byckling, E., and Kajantie, K. (1973).Particle Kinematics, Chap. 4, John Wiley and Sons, London-New York.Google Scholar
- Lemke, H. (1975).Nuovo Cimento,27A, 141;Nuovo Cimento Letters,12, 619.Google Scholar
- Lemke, H. (1976).Nuovo Cimento Letters,17, 209;Nuovo Cimento,35A, 181; and submitted.Google Scholar
- Lemke, H. (1977).Physics Letters A,61; and submitted.Google Scholar
- Parker, L. (1969).Physical Review,188, 2287.Google Scholar