On representation spaces in geometric quantization
- 37 Downloads
The structure of the space of wave functions in the representation given by a complete strongly admissible polarization of the phase space is investigated. The conditions that the wave functions should be covariant constant along the real part of the polarization define the Bohr-Sommerfeld set of the representation containing the supports of all wave functions. There is a natural scalar product for the wave functions defined on the Bohr-Sommerfeld set. It is shown, for a real polarization, that the resulting Hilbert space of wave functions is not trivial if and only if the Bohr-Sommerfeld set is not empty.
KeywordsWave Function Hilbert Space Field Theory Phase Space Elementary Particle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Auslander, L. and Kostant, B. (1971).Inventiones Mathematicae,14, 255.Google Scholar
- Bargmann, V. (1961).Communications in Pure and Applied Mathematics,14, 187.Google Scholar
- Blattner, R. J. (1973). “Quantization and Representation Theory,” inHarmonic Analysis on Homogeneous Spaces, Proceedings of Symposia in Pure Mathematics. American Mathematical Society, Providence, Rhode Island, Vol. 26, pp. 147–165.Google Scholar
- Kostant, B. (1970). “Quantization and Unitary Representations,” inLecture Notes in Mathematics. Springer, Berlin, Vol. 170, pp. 87–208.Google Scholar
- Nirenberg, L. (1957). “A complex Frobenius Theorem,” inSeries on Analytic Functions. Institute for Advanced Studies, Princeton, Vol. 1, pp. 1172–1189.Google Scholar
- Simms, D. J. (1974). “Geometric Quantization of Symplectic Manifolds,” inProceedings of the International Symposium on Mathematical Physics, Warsaw.Google Scholar
- Śniatycki, J. (1974). “Bohr-Sommerfeld Quantum Systems,” inProceedings of the Third International Colloquium on Group Theoretical Methods in Physics, Marseille, p. 42–51.Google Scholar
- Śniatycki, J. (1975).International Journal of Theoretical Physics,14, 277.Google Scholar
- Souriau, J.-M. (1970).Structure des Systèmes Dynamiques, Dunod, Paris.Google Scholar
- Toporowski, S. (1976). “Representation Spaces in Geometric Quantization for Complete Strongly Admissible Real Polarizations, MSc. Thesis, University of Calgary.Google Scholar