An elementaryU(2) theory of radiation fields with spinJ
- 25 Downloads
An elementary theory for a radiation field with any spinJ is presented. This is a natural extension of Maxwell's equations for the electromagnetic field. The idea is to use the generators for theU(2) group in a multidimensional representation. These generators are a linear combination of the ones for infinitesimal Lorentz transformations. The constants of the motion in this formalism are discussed. As an example, angular distributions of the Poynting vector are given.
KeywordsRadiation Field Theory Linear Combination Elementary Particle Quantum Field Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Good, Jr., R. H. (1957).Physical Review,105, 1914.Google Scholar
- Hammer, C. L., and Good, Jr., R. H. (1957).Physical Review,108, 882.Google Scholar
- Hammer, C. L., and Good, Jr., R. H. (1958).Physical Review,111, 342.Google Scholar
- Laporte, O., and Uhlenbeck, G. E. (1931).Physical Review,37, 1380.Google Scholar
- Naimark, M. A. (1964).Linear Representations of the Lorentz Group, A Pergamon Press Book. (The MacMillan Company, New York), pp. 96 and 101.Google Scholar
- Nelson, T. J., and Good, Jr., R. H. (1968).Reviews of Modern Physics,40, 508.Google Scholar
- Shay, D., Song, H. S., and Good, Jr., R. H. (1965).Nuovo Cimento Supplement,3, 455.Google Scholar
- Weaver, D. L., Hammer, C. L., and Good, Jr., R. H. (1964).Physical Review,135, B 241.Google Scholar