Diffraction of long waves by a semi-infinite vertical barrier on a rotating earth
- 33 Downloads
An asymptotic solution for the problem of diffraction of a plane wave by a rotating semi-infinite thin barrier is presented. Expressions are obtained for the wave amplitude and a particular discussion concerns the parts of the solution due to the rotational effect.
KeywordsField Theory Elementary Particle Quantum Field Theory Plane Wave Wave Amplitude
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Copson, E. T. (1946).Quarterly Journal of Mathematics,17, 19.Google Scholar
- Copson, E. T. (1970).Asymptotic Expansions, University Press, Cambridge.Google Scholar
- Crease, J. (1956).Journal of Fluid Mechanics,1, 86.Google Scholar
- Kapoulitsas, G. M. (1975). Ph.D. Thesis, University of Surrey.Google Scholar
- Noble, B. (1958).Methods based on the Wiener-Hopf technique, Pergamon Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Proudman, J. (1953).Dynamical Oceanography, Methuen.Google Scholar
- Sommerfeld, A. (1964).Partial Differential Equations in Physics, Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar