The development of logic and the philosophy of science in Poland after the Second World War
- 37 Downloads
KeywordsModal Logic Deductive System Intuitional Logic Intensional Expression Logical Matrice
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.See A. Mostowski, “Współczesny stan badań nad podstawami matematyki”, “Prace matematyczne”, 1955, nr 1, 13–55; tenze, Thirty years of Foundational Studies: 1930–1964. Acta Philosoph. Fennica 17 (1965) 1–180; J. Słupecki, “Logic in Poland”, in: Contemporary Philosophy, ed. by R. Klibansky, I. Firenze 1968, 190–201; S. Majdanski-Cz. Wojtkiewicz “Logika na KUL”, Roczniki Filozoficzne 17 (1969), z. 1, 123–170. U. Ofierska, “Recent Polish Methodology of Empirical Sciences” Organon, 1970, no 7, 295–308.Google Scholar
- 2.Information about Polish logic between the wars can be found in: H. Skolimowski, “Polish Analytical Philosophy”, London 1967.Google Scholar
- 9.Among others R. Suszko presented a theory of real definition in general, L. Borkowski — the conception of an analytic definition, J. Kotarbińska — the types of definitions (mainly: the ostensive definition) and M. Przełęcki — the problem of operational definition. The function of definition in juridical sciences discussed J. Gregorowicz, in formal sciences H. Stonert, in natural sciences T. Pawłowski, H. Mortimer. About the history of the concept of the definition wrote S. Kamiński.Google Scholar
- 10.See his “Studies in Functional Logical Semiotics of Natural Language, The Hague 1971 and “O uzyciu wyrazėń”, Wrooław 1971. It is well worth the effort to mention the ofter authors: A. Ajdukiewicz, S. Łuszczewska-Ramahnowa, A. Grzegorczyk, K. Szaniawski, T. Pszczołowski, H. Stonert, W. Marciszewski, S. Majdański.Google Scholar
- 12.See: H. Mehlberg, The Reach of Science, Toronto 1958; M. Pnełęcki, The Logic of Empirical Theories, London 1969; R. Wojcicki, Metolologia formalua nauk empiryernych, Wroden 1974; Logiczna teoria nauki (selected articles), T. Pawłowski (Ed). Warszawa 1966. In connection with this it was discussed the problem of inductionism versus hypothetism and it was tried to appreciate the main positions in the problem of verifying the theoretical knowledge.Google Scholar
© Franz Steiner Verlag GmbH 1977