Detection of respiratory chain dysfunction by measuring lactate and pyruvate production in cultured fibroblasts
KeywordsPublic Health Internal Medicine Lactate Pyruvate Metabolic Disease
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fischer, J. C., Ruitenbeek, W., Gabreëls, F. J. M., Janssen, A. J. M., Renier, W. O., Sengers, R. C. A., Stadhouders, A. M., ter Laak, H. J., Trijbels, J. M. F. and Veerkamp, J. H. A. A mitochondrial encephalomyopathy: the first case with an established defect at the level of coenzyme Q.Eur. J. Pediatr. 144 (1986) 441–444Google Scholar
- Kadenbach, B., Stroh, A., Ungibauer, M., Kuhn-Nentwig, L., Büge, U. and Jarausch, J. Isoenzymes of cytochromec oxidase. Characterization and isolation from different tissues.Methods Enzymol. 126 (1986) 31–45Google Scholar
- Millis, A. J. T. and Pious, D. A. Oxidative phosphorylation in mitochondria isolated from human fibroblasts.Biochim. Biophys. Acta 292 (1973) 73–77Google Scholar
- Robinson, B. H., Ward, J., Goodyer, P. and Baudet, A. Respiratory chain defects in the mitochondria of cultured skin fibroblasts from three patients with lacticacidemia.J. Clin. Invest. 77 (1986) 1422–1427Google Scholar
- Robinson, B. H., De Meirleir, L., Glerum, M., Sherwood, G. and Becker, L. Clinical presentation of mitochondrial respiratory chain defects in NADH-coenzyme Q reductase and cytochrome oxidase: clues to the pathogenesis of Leigh disease.J. Pediatr. 110 (1987) 216–222Google Scholar
- Scholte, H. R., Busch, H. F. M., Luyt-Houwen, I. E. M., Vaandrager-Verduin, M. H. M., Przyrembel, H. and Arts, W. F. M. Defects in oxidative phosphorylation. Biochemical investigations in skeletal muscle and expression of the lesion in other cells.J. Inher. Metab. Dis. 10 Suppl. 1 (1987) 81–97Google Scholar
- Wijburg, F. A., Feller, N., Scholte, H. R., Przyrembel, H. and Wanders, R. J. A. Studies on the formation of lactate and pyruvate from glucose in cultured skin fibroblasts: implications for detection of respiratory chain defects.Biochem. Int. 19 (1989) 563–570Google Scholar
© SSIEM and Kluwer Academic Publishers 1990