Some extensions of a hypergraph
- 35 Downloads
It is shown how to construct a vertex-transitive hypergraphX* from a suitable collection of isomorphic copies of a given hypergraphX by identifying one or none of the vertices of every two copies in the collection. MoreoverX* andX have the same strong chromatic number.
If the hypergraphX is edge-coloured, thenX* can be so constructed that it is strongly vertex-colour-transitive. This paper also considers the case where a section hypergraph or none of the vertices of every two isomorphic copies is identified in the construction ofX*.
KeywordsChromatic Number Isomorphic Copy Suitable Collection Strong Chromatic Number
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ang, S.L., Teh, H.H.: Finite homogeneous auto-extension of graphs, Nanta Math.1, 82–86 (1967)Google Scholar
- 2.Berge, C.: Graphs and Hypergraphs. Amsterdam: North-Holland Publishing Company 1973Google Scholar
- 3.Chen, C.C., Teh, H.H.: Construction of point-colour-symmetric graphs. J. Comb. Theory (B)27, 160–167 (1979)Google Scholar
- 4.Tan, K.W., Teh, H.H.: Finite auto-extension of graphs. Nanta Math.3, 33–41 (1969)Google Scholar
- 5.Teh, H.H.: Dimension and auto-extensions of graphs. Nanta Math.3, 23–32 (1969)Google Scholar
- 6.Teh, H.H., Shee, S.C.: Algebraic Theory of Graphs. Singapore: Lee Kong Chian Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science, Nanyang University, 1976Google Scholar