On peripheral pion-nucleon interactions at 7 GeV
- 11 Downloads
It is shown by analyzing theπ−1-nucleon interactions at 7 GeV that it is possible to select events which could be described by the one-pion exchange model. Among the 169 stars with identified recoil proton which were examined, there are approximately 17 events corresponding to the scheme having a nucleon in the lower vertex only, while the maximum number of cases having a pion-nucleon system there is 84, For the second group the distribution of the mass of particles emitted in the lower vertex has its maximum in the region of the nucleon isobar mass (T=3/2). The distribution of mass of particles emitted in the upper vertex is not in contradiction with the production ofζ andϱ mesons. The values of the square of the transferred four-momentum are distributed predominantly in the region of small values in agreement with the Salzman model.
KeywordsExchange Model Select Event Recoil Proton Lower Vertex Isobar Mass
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Beljakov V. A. et al.: JETP39 (1960), 937; JINR Dubna Preprint P-530 (1960).Google Scholar
- Salzman F., Salzman G.: Phys. Rev.120 (1960), 599.Google Scholar
- Smrž P., Šimák V.: to be published in Czech. J. Phys.Google Scholar
- Grote C. et al.: Nucl. Phys.34 (1962), 648, 659, 676.Google Scholar
- Bozoki E. et al.: Communication at the Session of Emulsion Committee at Dubna 1961.Google Scholar
- Petržílka V. et al.: Communication at the Session of Emulsion Committee at Dubna 1961.Google Scholar
- Petržílka V.: Proceedings of the Annual Conference of High Energy Physics, Rochester 1960, 82.Google Scholar
- Lanius K.: Proceedings of the Annual Conference on High Energy Physics, Geneva 1962, 617.Google Scholar
- Walker W. D., Crussard J.: Phys. Rev.98 (1955), 1416.Google Scholar
- Gramenickij I. M.: Materials of the Emulsion Working Meeting JINR Dubna, Preprint 553 (1960).Google Scholar
- Glagolev V. V., Petržílka V., Tolstov K. D.: Nucl. Phys.34 (1961), 126.Google Scholar