A note on complete sets and transitive closure
- 31 Downloads
It is shown that there is a length-preserving relation that is NP-complete such that the transitive closure of the relation is PSPACE-complete.
KeywordsComputational Mathematic Transitive Closure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Book. Polynomial space and transitive closure,SIAM J. Computing 8, 434–439 (1979)Google Scholar
- 2.S. Cook. The complexity of theorem-proving procedures,Proc. ACM Symp. Theory of Computing, 151–158 (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.J. Hartmanis and J. Simon. On the power of multiplication in random access machines,15th IEEE Symp. Switching and Automata Theory, 13–23 (1974).Google Scholar
- 4.N. Jones. Classes of automata and transitive closure,Info. Control 13, 207–229 (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.R. Karp. Reducibilities among combinatorial problems,Complexity of Computer Computations (R. Miller, J. Thatcher, eds.). New York: Plenum Press, 1972.Google Scholar
- 6.L. Stockmeyer. The polynomial-time hierarchy,Theoret. Comp. Sci. 3, 1–22 (1977).Google Scholar
- 7.C. Wrathall. Complete sets and the polynomial-time hierarchy,Theoret. Comp. Sci. 3, 23–33 (1977).Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag New York Inc 1982