A relation between perfect equilibria in extensive form games and proper equilibria in normal form games
- 332 Downloads
The concept of quasi-perfect equilibria for games in extensive form is introduced. It is shown that a proper equilibrium of a normal form game induces a quasi-perfect equilibrium in every extensive form game having this normal form.
KeywordsNormal Form Economic Theory Game Theory Extensive Form Form Game
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Damme, E.E.C. van: Refinements of the Nash equilibrium concept. Ph. D. thesis Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven 1983.Google Scholar
- Kreps, D.M., andR. Wilson: Sequential equilibria. Econometrica50, 1982, 863–894.Google Scholar
- Kuhn, H.W.: Extensive games and the problem of information. Annals of Mathematics Studies28, 1953, 193–216.Google Scholar
- Myerson, R.B.: Refinements of the Nash equilibrium concept. Int. J. Game Theory7, 1978, 73–80.Google Scholar
- Selten, R.: Reexamination of the perfectness concept for equilibrium points in extensive games. Int. J. Game Theory4, 1975, 25–55.Google Scholar