On local systems over complements to arrangements of hyperplanes associated to grassmann strata
- 30 Downloads
In the first two parts we recall the construction of generalized hypergeometric functions and of the cellular complex homotopy equivalent to the complement of a family of hyperplanes in CN. In the third part we find a generalization of some results in  about the homology of local systems on an affine space less some hyperplanes. Our method is based on  and it gives also informations about the cellular complex there constructed. In the last part explicit bases for the only non-vanishing homology group are described in terms of the cells of the above mentioned complex. The configurations of hyperplanes which we examine are those giving fundamental strata in the grassmanian (, ) and strata in G3,n allowing also triple points.
KeywordsLocal System Triple Point Hypergeometric Function Homology Group Affine Space
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- I. M. Gel'fand,The general theory of hypergeometric functions, Sov. Math. Dokl.,33, n. 3 (1986), pp. 573–577.Google Scholar
- I. M. Gel'fand -V. A. Vasilev -A. V. Zelewinski,General hypergeometric functions on complex grassmanians, Funk. Anal. Appl.,21 (1987), pp. 19–31.Google Scholar
- I. M. Gel'fand -R. M. Goreski -R. D. MacPherson -V. V. Serganova,Combinatorial Geometries, Convex Polyhedra, and Schubert Cells, Adv. in Math.,63 (1987), pp. 301–316.Google Scholar
- A. Hattori, Topology of CN minus a finite number of affine hyperplanes in general position, J. Fac. Sci. Univ. Tokyo,22 (1975), pp. 248–255.Google Scholar
- T. Khono,Homology of a local system on the complement of hyperplanes, Proc. Jap. Acad.,62, Ser. A (1986), pp. 144–147.Google Scholar
- P.Orlik,Introduction to Arrangements, CBMS Regional Conference Series, 1989.Google Scholar
- M. Salvetti, Topology of the complement of real hyperplanes in CN, Inv. Math.,88 (1987), pp. 603–618.Google Scholar
- M. Salvetti,Arrangements of lines and monodromy of plane curves, Comp. Math.,68 (1988), pp. 103–122.Google Scholar
- M. Salvetti, On the homotopy type of the complement to an arrangement of lines in C2, Boll. U.M.I. (7), 2-A (1988), pp. 337–344.Google Scholar
- G. Whitehead,Elements of Homotopy Theory, Graduate Texts in Math.,61, Springer, Berlin, 1978.Google Scholar
- T.Zawlaski,Facing up to arrangements: face-count formulas for partitions of space by hyperplanes, Mem. Amer. Math.,154 (1975).Google Scholar