Synthesis of organo-platinum(II) and -palladium(II) complexes ofN-phenyl- andN-(p-Tolyl)pyrazole
- 89 Downloads
When platinum(II) chloride dissolved in acetic acid containing concentrated hydrochloric acid was refluxed withN-phenylpyrazole(liphpz) andN-(p-tolyl)pyrazole (Htlpz), complexes of composition [Pt(N-C)Cl]2 (N-C = phpz, tlpz) were obtained, in which phpz and tlpz are coordinated through nitrogen and carbon forming a five membered metallocycle. Similar palladium(II) complexes [Pd(N-C)Cl]2 were easily prepared by the reaction of palladium(II) chloride with Hphpz and Htlpz in methanol in the presence of lithium chloride. These [M(N-C)CI]2 complexes reacted with tri-n-butylphosphine (PBu3) and pyridine (py) to give the adducts [M(N-C)ClL](L = PBu3, py). Ethylenediamine(en) and acetylacetone(Hacac) gave IPd(phpz)(en)]Cl and [Pd(phpz)(acac)] respectively. These new complexes are characterized by means of1H-n.m.r. and i.r. spectra, and probable structures are proposed.
KeywordsChloride Lithium Acetic Acid Platinum Catalysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Trofimenko,Inorg. Chem., 12, 1215 (1973).Google Scholar
- 2.M. Nonoyama,J. Organometal. Chem., 86, 263 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.J. R. Ferraro,Low Frequency Vibrations of Inorganic and Coordination Compounds, Plenum Press, New York 1971,p. 111.Google Scholar
- 4.L. J. Bellamy,The Infrared Spectra of Complex Molecules, 2nd Edit., Methuen, London 1966, p. 75.Google Scholar
- 5.T. G. Appleton, H. C. Clark, and L. E. Manzer,Coord. Cheat. Rev., 10, 335 (1973).Google Scholar
- 6.Y. Nakamura and K. Nakamoto,Inorg. Chem., 14, 63 (1975).Google Scholar
- 7.K. Nakamoto,Infrared Spectra of Inorganic and Coordination Compounds, 2nd Edit., Wiley-Interscience, New York 1973,p. 247.Google Scholar
- 8.R. W. Berg and K. Rasmussen,Spectrocbim. Acta, 28A, 2319 (1972).Google Scholar
- 9.W. J. Geary,Coord. Chem. Rev., 7, 81 (1971).Google Scholar
- 10.I. L. Finar and K. E. Godfrey,J. Chem. Soc., 1954, 2293.Google Scholar
- 11.M. Nonoyama,J. Organometal. Chem., 74, 115 (1974):82, 271 (1974).Google Scholar