Propagation of waves through piezo-electric α-quartz crystals
- 21 Downloads
Propagation of waves in piezo-electric α-quartz crystals has been studied. The slowness surfaces and the wave surfaces have been derived. The wave surface has been found to contain cuspidal points which give directions of energy concentration.
KeywordsWave Surface Energy Concentration Slowness Surface Cuspidal Point
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Buchwald V. T.: Proc. Roy. Soc.A 253 (1959), 563.Google Scholar
- Lighthill M. J.: Phil. Trans. A (1960), Lecture to the British Theoretical Mechanics Colloquium, Manchester.Google Scholar
- Mason P. W.: Piezo Electric Crystals and their Application to Ultrasonics. Bell. Lab. Series, May 1964, p. 84.Google Scholar
- Musgrave M. J. P.: Proc. Roy. Soc.A 226 (1954), 339.Google Scholar
- Musgrave M. J. P., Miller G. F.: Proc. Roy. Soc.A 236 (1956), 352.Google Scholar
- Synge J. L.: J. Math. Phys.35 (1957), 323.Google Scholar