A note on the genericity of simultaneous stabilizability and pole assignability
- 26 Downloads
In this paper we study the genericity of simultaneous stabilizability, simultaneous strong stabilizability, and simultaneous pole assignability, in linear multivariable systems. The main results of the paper had been previously established by Ghosh and Byrnes using state-space methods. In contrast, the proofs in the present paper are based on input-output arguments, and are much simpler to follow, especially in the case of simultaneous and simultaneous strong stabilizability. Moreover, the input-output methods used here suggest computationally reliable algorithms for solving these two types of problems. In addition to the main results, we also prove some lemmas on generic greatest common divisors which are of independent interest.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C. A. Desoer, R.-W. Liu, J. Murray, and R. Saeks, Feedback system design: the fractional representation approach to analysis and synthesis,IEEE Trans. Automat. Control,25, 399–412, 1980.Google Scholar
- M. Vidyasagar, H. Schneider, and B. A. Francis, Algebraic and topological aspects of feedback stabilization,IEEE Trans. Automat. Control,27, 880–895, 1982.Google Scholar
- D. C. Youla, J. J. Bongiorno, Jr. and C. N. Lu, Single-loop feedback stabilization of linear multivariable plants,Automatica,10, 159–173, 1974.Google Scholar
- M. Vidyasagar and N. Viswanadham, Algebraic design techniques for reliable stabilization,IEEE Trans. Automat. Control,27, 1085–1094, 1982.Google Scholar
- B. K. Ghosh and C. I. Byrnes, Simultaneous stabilization and simultaneous pole-placement by nonswitching dynamic compensation,IEEE Trans. Automat. Control,28, 735–741, 1983.Google Scholar
- M. Vidyasagar,Control System Synthesis: A Factorization Approach, M.I.T. Press, Cambridge, MA, 1985.Google Scholar
- M. Vidyasagar, The graph metric for unstable plants and robustness estimates for feedback stability,IEEE Trans. Automat. Control,29, 403–418, 1984.Google Scholar
- B. K. Ghosh, Simultaneous stabilization and pole placement of a multimode linear dynamical system, Ph.D. thesis, Harvard University, 1983.Google Scholar
- K. D. Minto and M. Vidyasagar, A state-space approach to simultaneous stabilization,Control: Theory Adv. Technol.,2, 39–64, 1986.Google Scholar