On the summation of certain legendre series
- 58 Downloads
The purpose of this paper is to find some recurrence relations for sums of infinite series of the formσ P l n (cosθ)tl+m/(l+m). This is achieved by transforming the sums into integrals and then using the recurrence relations for these integrals.
KeywordsMathematical Modeling Industrial Mathematic Recurrence Relation Infinite Series Legendre Series
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ben-Menahem, A. Summation of Certain Legendre Series and Related Difference Equations, J.Math. and Phys., 45, 1966.Google Scholar
- 2.Ben-Menahem, A. Eigenvector Expansions of Green's Dyads with Applications to Geophysical and Singh, S.J. Theory, Geophys.J.Roy.Astron.Soc. (in press).Google Scholar
- 3.Bois, G.P. Tables of Indefinite Integrals, Dover Publications, Inc., New York, 1961, pp. 57–71, 102–104.Google Scholar
- 4.Ryshik, I. M. and I.S. Schaften Tables of Series, Products and Integrals, Veb Deutscher Verlag Der Wissen-Gradstein, Berlin, 1957, pp.79–83. (The authors found that formulae 8 on p.81, 2.268, and 5 on p.83 are faulty).Google Scholar
- 5.Luré, A.I. Three-dimensional Problems of the Theory of Elasticity, Interscience, New York, 1964, pp.350–370.Google Scholar
- 6.Magnus, W. and Oberhettinger, F. Functions of Mathematical Physics, Chelsea Publishing Company, New York, 1954, pp.51, 62.Google Scholar
- 7.Morse, P.M. and Feshbach, H. Methods of Theoretical Physics, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1953, pp.782, 1325.Google Scholar