A study of the biological effects of certain ELF electromagnetic fields
- 33 Downloads
Experiments were performed to detect possible physiological effects of air and simulated earth return electromagnetic fields of 45 and 75 Hz at 100 V/m on young mice. The criteria used were growth rate, serotonin metabolism and alteration in susceptibility to infection with influenza virus. There were no changes in these three categories.
KeywordsGrowth Rate Influenza Serotonin Plant Physiology Biological Effect
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- KRUEGER, A.P. (1970): The effect of air ions on bacterial and viral pneumonia in mice. Int. J. Biometeor., 14: 247–260.Google Scholar
- KRUEGER, A.P., ANDRIESE, P.C. and KOTAKA, S. (1963): The biological mechanism of air ion action. The effect of CO2 in inhaled air on the blood level of 5-hydroxytryptamine in mice. Int. J. Biometeor., 7: 3–16.Google Scholar
- KRUEGER, A.P., ANDRIESE, P.C. and KOTAKA, S. (1966): The effects of inhaling non-ionized or positively ionized air containing 2–4% CO2 on the blood levels of 5-hydroxytryptamine in mice. Int. J. Biometeor., 10: 17–28.Google Scholar
- KRUEGER, A.P., REED, E.J., DAY, M.B. and BROOK, K.A. (1974): Further observations on the effect of air ions on influenza in the mouse. Int. J. Biometeor., 18: 46–56.Google Scholar
- KRUEGER, A.P. and REED, E.J. (1972): Effect of the air ion environment on influenza in the mouse. Int. J. Biometeor., 16: 209–232.Google Scholar
- REED, L.J. and MUENCH, H. (1938): A simple method of estimating 50% end points. Amer. J. Hyg., 27: 493–497.Google Scholar
- REITER, R. (1972): Introductory remarks, Symposium on biological effects of natural electric, magnetic and electromagnetic fields. Sixth International Biometeorological Congress, September 1972. Int. J. Biometeor., 17: 205–206.Google Scholar
- SULMAN, F.G., LEVY, D., LEVY, A., PFEIFER, Y., SUPERSTINE, E. and TAL, E. (1974): Air-Ionometry of Hot, Dry Desert Winds (Sharav) and Treatment with Air Ions of Weather-Sensitive Subjects. Int. J. Biometeor., 18: 313–318.Google Scholar
- TROMP, S.W. (1968): A survey of recent advances in electro-biometeorology. Reports of the Biometeorological Research Centre, Leiden, X, 22 June 1968.Google Scholar
- WORDEN, J.L. (1953): The effect of unipolar ionized air on the relative weights of selected organs of the golden hamster. Science Studies, St. Bonaventure University, 15: 71.Google Scholar