On a geometrical aspect of SOR and the theory of consistent ordering for positive definite matrices
- 46 Downloads
On the basis of a similarity transformation of ℒω, the successive overrelaxation operator, a geometrical interpretation of SOR is given. It is shown how the theory of consistent ordering falls into the resulting framework and how connections between SOR and other algorithms can be established.
KeywordsMathematical Method Similarity Transformation Geometrical Interpretation Geometrical Aspect Positive Definite Matrice
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bodewig, E.: Matrix Calculus. Amsterdam: North-Holland Publishing Company 1956Google Scholar
- 2.Hotelling, H.: Am. Math. Stat.14, 1–34 (1943)Google Scholar
- 3.Kacmarcz, S.: Bull. Intern. Acad. Pol. Sci. A, 1937, p. 355–357Google Scholar
- 4.Nicolaides, R. A.: On the numerical solution of quasilinear elliptic equations. Ph. D. thesis, London University, 1972Google Scholar
- 5.Varga, R. S.: Matrix Interative Analysis. New Jersey: Prentice Hall 1962Google Scholar
- 6.Young, D. M.: Iterative solution of large linear systems. New York: Academic Press, 1971Google Scholar