Aqueous suspensions of mullite: Their rheology and the properties of cast products from them
- 20 Downloads
Concentrated aqueous suspensions of mullite were obtained. These made it possible to produce casts of comparatively high density and strength with low shrinkage on drying.
We have studied the effect of stabilization, pH, and concentration of suspensions on their rheological and technical properties.
We show the possibility of using mullite suspensions as the bonding (binder) for refractories of a grainy structure (filler: corundum or mullite) and for ceramic concretes.
Mullite and mullite-corundum refractories of a grainy structure bonded by mullite suspensions have been made. The properties of these refractories have been studied. The materials have excellent strength and thermal-shock resistance.
KeywordsShrinkage Corundum Aqueous Suspension Technical Property Cast Product
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. K. Karklit, in: Brief Discussion Themes for Second All-Union Conference, “The Use of Refractory Materials in Engineering” [in Russian], Leningrad (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.V. V. Primachenko, L. M. Kolesnikov, and T. A. Zadorozhnaya in: Brief Discussion Themes for Second All-Union Conference “The Use of Refractory Materials in Engineering” [in Russian], Leningrad (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.A. G. Dobrovol'skii, Slip Casting [in Russian], Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.D. N. Poluboyarinov and R. Ya. Popil'skii (editors), High-Refractory Oxide Ceramics [in Russian], Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. E. Pivinskii, Ogneupory, No. 2 (1978).Google Scholar
- 6.Yu. E. Pivinskii and A. G. Romashin, Quartz Ceramics [in Russian], Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. E. Pivinskii and V. A. Bevz, Ogneupory, No. 8 (1979).Google Scholar
- 8.Yu. E. Pivinskii and A. I. Natsenko, Ogneupory, No. 11 (1974).Google Scholar
- 9.A. A. Trapeznikov, in: Advances in Colloid Chemistry [in Russian], Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
- 10.Yu. E. Pivinskii, Steklo Keram., No. 1 (1971).Google Scholar
- 11.I. S. Kainarskii, É. V. Degtyareva, I. G. Orlova, et al., Ogneupory, No. 11 (1965).Google Scholar