Recently the author defined the class of natural Runge-Kutta methods and observed that it includes all the collocation methods. The present paper is devoted to a complete characterization of this class and it is shown that it coincides with the class of the projection methods in some polynomial spaces.
Subject ClassificationsAMS(MOS) 65 L 05 CR: G1.7
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bellen, A., Jackiewicz, Z., Zennaro, M.: Stability analysis of one-step methods for neutral delay differential equations. Numer. Math.52, 605–619Google Scholar
- 2.Dekker, K., Verwer, J.G.: Stability of Runge-Kutta methods for stiff nonlinear differential equations. Amsterdam: North-Holland 1984Google Scholar
- 4.Norsett, S.P., Wanner, G.: The real-pole sandwich for rational approximations and oscillation equations. Bl T19, 79–94 (1979)Google Scholar
- 6.Vermiglio, R.: A one-step subregion method for delay differential equations. Calcolo22, 429–455 (1985)Google Scholar
- 7.Zennaro, M.: Natural continuous extensions of Runge-Kutta methods. Math. Comput.46, 119–133 (1986)Google Scholar