A sinc quadrature rule for Hadamard finite-part integrals
- 119 Downloads
A Sinc quadrature rule is presented for the evaluation of Hadamard finite-part integrals of analytic functions. Integration over a general are in the complex plane is considered. Special treatment is given to integrals over the interval (−1,1). Theoretical error estimates are derived and numerical examples are included.
Subject ClassificationsAMS(MOS):65 D 32 CR: G 1.4
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bialecki, B.: A modified Sinc quadrature rule for functions with poles near the arc of integration. BIT29, 464–476 (1989)Google Scholar
- 2.Bialecki, B.: A Sinc-Hunter quadrature rule for Cauchy principal value integrals. Math. Comput (To appear)Google Scholar
- 3.Criscuolo, G., Mastroianni, G.: On the convergence of product formulas for the numerical evaluation of derivatives of Cauchy principal value integrals. SIAM J. Numer. Anal.25, 713–727 (1988)Google Scholar
- 4.Elliott, D., Paget, D.F.: Gauss type quadrature rules for Cauchy principal value integrals. Math. Comput.33, 301–309 (1979)Google Scholar
- 5.Ioakimidis, N.I.: On the uniform convergence of Gaussian quadrature rules for Cauchy principal value integrals and their derivatives. Math. Comput.44, 191–198 (1985)Google Scholar
- 6.Monegato, G.: On the weights of certain quadratures for the numerical evaluation of Cauchy principal value integrals and their derivatives. Numer. Math.50, 273–281 (1987)Google Scholar
- 7.Paget, D.F.: The numerical evaluation of Hadamard finite-part integrals. Numer. Math.36, 447–453 (1981)Google Scholar
- 8.Stenger, F.: Approximations via Whittaker's cardinal functions. J. Approximation Theory17, 222–240 (1976)Google Scholar