3H-imipramine and3H-cyano-imipramine binding in rat brain tissue: Effect of long-term antidepressant administration
- 13 Downloads
3H-imipramine and3H-cyano-imipramine binding was determined in brain homogenates of rats which had been treated for 21 days with imipramine or desimipramine. When compared to control animals, long-term administration of these antidepressants did not induce any alteration in the maximal number of3H-imipramine or3H-cyano-imipramine binding sites. However, a transient increase in the apparent dissociation constant was observed. Such findings are discussed in respect to previous studies, which have been highly contraversial.
KeywordsPublic Health Binding Site Brain Tissue Dissociation Constant Imipramine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abel M. S., Meyerson, L. R., Clody, D. E., Wennogle, L. P.: Chronic electroconvulsive shock differentially affects brain and platelet3H-imipramine recognition sites. Abstract 210.2, 13th Annual Meeting of the American Society for Neurosciences, Boston (1983).Google Scholar
- Arbilla, S., Briley, M., Cathala, F., Langer, S. Z., Porin, C., Raisman, R.: Parallel changes in3H-imipramine binding sites in cat brain and platelets following chronic treatment with imipramine. Br. J. Pharmacol.72, 154p (1980).Google Scholar
- Asarch, K. B., Shih, J. C., Kukcar, A.: Decreased3H-imipramine binding in depressed males and females. Commun. in Psychopharmacol.4, 425–432 (1980).Google Scholar
- Driscoll, P., Bättig, K.: Behavioral and physiological correlates of psychogenetic selection (RHA/Verh vs RLA/Verh rats). In: L'animal de laboratoire au service de l'homme. Collect. Fond. Mérieux, Lyon, 1979.Google Scholar
- Dumbrille-Ross, A., Tang, S. W.: Binding of3H-Ro 11-2465. Possible identification of a subclass of3H-imipramine binding sites. Molec. Pharmacol.23, 607–613 (1983).Google Scholar
- Engel, G., Hoyer, D., Berthold, R., Wagner, H.: (+)(125Iodo)cyanopindolol, a new ligand for beta-adrenoceptors: Identification and quantification of subclasses of beta-adrenoceptors in guinea pig. Naunyn-Schmiedeberg's Arch. Pharmacol.317, 277–285 (1981).Google Scholar
- Perry, E. K., Marshall, E. F., Blessed, G., Tomlinson, B. E., Perry, R. H.: Decreased imipramine binding in the brains of patients with depressive illness. Brit. J. Psychiatry142, 188–192 (1983).Google Scholar
- Racagni, G., Mocchetti, I., Calderini, G., Battistella, A., Brunello, N.: Temporal sequence of changes in central noradrenergic system of rat after prolonged antidepressant treatment: receptor desensitization and neurotransmitter interactions. Neuropharmacology22, 415–424 (1983).PubMedGoogle Scholar