Calculation of the passage of fast neutrons through graphite
- 18 Downloads
Using the Monte-Carlo method, the author calculates the results of passing neutrons from a plane unidirectional source, with E0=3.3 or E0=8.0 MeV, through graphite. The angle of incidence is taken as 0°. The graphite layer thicknesses considered are from 0.9 to 6 times the free-path length. The author calculates the dose, energy and numerical albedos of graphite and also the angular and energetic distributions of the reflected neutrons and the angular distribution of the energy of scattered neutrons. He plots the mean cosine of the angle of scattering vs. the albedo, and also vs. the value of the energy angulardistribution constant. The data obtained may be found useful in the design of shadow and labyrinth shielding.
KeywordsGraphite Layer Thickness Angular Distribution Scattered Neutron Fast Neutron
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. M. Shirkin, Atomnaya Énergiya,17, 509 (1964).Google Scholar
- 2.L. P. Abagyan et al., Group Constants for Design of Nuclear Reactors. Moscow, Atomizdat (1964).Google Scholar
- 3.R. Aaronson et al., Shielding of Means of Transportation Fitted with Nuclear Motors. Moscow, Izd. Inostr. Lit., [Russian translation] p. 40 (1961).Google Scholar
- 4.B. Price et al., Ibid., p. 431.Google Scholar
- 5.L. M. Shirkin, Atomnaya Énergiya,20, 162 (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.L. M. Shirkin, Atomnoya Énergiya,19, 288 (1965).Google Scholar
- 7.V. A. Dulin et al., Atomnaya Énergiya,17, 486 (1964).Google Scholar