On a Lagrangian penalty function method for nonlinear programming problems
- 35 Downloads
We modify a Lagrangian penalty function method proposed in  for constrained convex mathematical programming problems in order to obtain a geometric rate of convergence. For nonconvex problems we show that a special case of the algorithm in the above paper is still convergent without coercivity and convexity assumptions.
KeywordsSystem Theory Mathematical Method Programming Problem Mathematical Programming Function Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Berge C. (1966) Espaces Topologiques. Dunod, ParisGoogle Scholar
- 2.Hartung J. (1980) On exponential penalty function methods. Optimization 11:71–84Google Scholar
- 3.Klatte D. (1979) On the lower semicontinuity of optimal sets in convex parametric optimization. Math Programming Stud 10:104–109Google Scholar
- 4.Muu LeD, Oettli W. (1989) A Lagrangian penalty function method for monotone variational inequalities. Numer Funct Anal Optim 10:1003–1017Google Scholar
- 5.Robinson SM, Day RH (1974) A sufficient condition for continuity of optimal sets in mathematical programming. J Math Anal Appl 45:506–511Google Scholar