Conversion of 2-aminomethylbenzothiazoles into imidazo[5, 1-b]benzothiazoles
- 50 Downloads
A number of substituted 2-aminomethylbenzothiazoles ate synthesized. The corresponding ureas or thioureas are also obtained by reaction with arylisocyanates or arylisothiocyanates. Heating the substituted ureas or thioureas at temperatures above their melting points cyclizes them to 9-substituted 2-hydroxy- or 2-mercaptoimidazo[5, 1-b]benzothiazoles, which are derivatives of a new heterocyclic system.
KeywordsUrea Organic Chemistry Melting Point Thiourea Benzothiazoles
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Avidon, M. N. Shchukina, ZhOKh, 34, 2969, 1964.Google Scholar
- 2.F. Feigl, Spot Tests in Organic Analysis [Russian Translation], GKhI, 314, 1962.Google Scholar
- 3.H. Gilman, I. Beel, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 71, 2328–2331, 1949.Google Scholar
- 4.V. M. Zubarovskii, ZhOKh, 21, 2199, 1951.Google Scholar
- 5.A. Burawoy, A. Chandhuri, J. Chem. Soc., 648, 1956.Google Scholar