On the connectedness of isomorphism classes
- 21 Downloads
This paper is concerned with some topological properties of a notion of distance between normed linear spaces which is due to Banach and Mazur , We are interested in a pseudometric space associated naturally with this notion of distance, and our main result is that this pseudometric space is always pathwise connected.
KeywordsNumber Theory Linear Space Algebraic Geometry Topological Group Topological Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BANACH, S.: Théorie des Opérations Linéaires, p.242, New York, Chelsea, 1955.Google Scholar
- DVORETSKY, A.: Some Results on Convex Bodies and Banach Spaces, Proc. Int. Symposium on Linear Spaces, held at the Hebrew Univ. of Jerusalem 1960, 123–160, Jerusalem, 1961.Google Scholar
- GURARII, V.I.: Spaces of Universal Disposition, Isotropic Spaces, and the Mazur Problem on Rotations of Banach Spaces, Siberian Math. Journal 7, 799–807 (1966).Google Scholar
- MCGUIGAN, R.A.: Near Isometry of Banach Spaces and the Banach-Mazur Distance, Ph.D. thesis, Univ. of Maryland, 1968.Google Scholar
- SCHAFFER, J.J.: Inner Diameter, Perimeter, and Girth of Spheres, Math. Ann. 173, 59–82 (1967).Google Scholar
- WHITLEY, R.: The Size of the Unit Sphere, Can. J. Math. 20, 450–455 (1968).Google Scholar