Electrophilic substitution in benzo[b]furo[2,3-c]pyridines: nitration, acylation
- 30 Downloads
It has been shown that the nitration and acylation of substituted benzo[b]furo[2,3-c]pyridines proceeds exclusively at position 6 of the benzene ring. If position 6 is blocked by a substitutnt, the product of monosubstitution at the C(8) atom is formed. The molecules that were investigated have been calculated in the MNDO approximation.
KeywordsBenzene Organic Chemistry Pyridine Benzene Ring Nitration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. V. Tolkunov, M. N. Kal'nitskii, and V. I. Dulenko, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 5, 706 (1993).Google Scholar
- 2.S. V. Tolkunov, M. N. Kal'nitskii, S. N. Lyashchuk, and V. L Dulenko, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 5, 701 (1994).Google Scholar
- 3.V. I. Dulenko and S. V. Tolkunov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 7. 889 (1987).Google Scholar
- 4.M. J. S. Dewar and W. Thiel, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,99, 4899 (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.Serena Software, P. O. Box 3076, Bloomington, IN.Google Scholar