Structure and spectroluminescence properties of derivatives of 1,8-naphthoylene-1',2-benzimidazole with substituents of various electronic types
- 30 Downloads
A series of quantum-chemical calculations using the CNO SCF CI method were carried out to account for the nontraditional influence of substituents of various electronic types on the spectroluminescence characteristics of naphthoylenebenzimidazole. It is shown that the principal direction of electron-density redistribution during excitation of this molecule is the charge transfer from its benzene fragment to its naphthalene fragment, and the most appreciable change in spectrofluorescence characteristics compared to the unsubstituted compound is achieved by introducing electron-donor substituents into the benzimidazole fragment, and in electronacceptor characteristics, into the naphthalene fragment of the naphthoylenebenzimidazole molecule.
KeywordsBenzene Organic Chemistry Charge Transfer Naphthalene Benzimidazole
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. M. Krasovitskii and B. M. Bolotin, Organic Phosphors [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 2.V. M. Krasovitskii, Single Crystals, Scintillators, and Organic Phosphors [in Russian], Issue 4, Khar'kov (1968), p. 129.Google Scholar
- 3.V. M. Krasovitskii and E. A. Shevchenko, Khim. Geterotsiki. Soedin., No. 4, 756 (1968).Google Scholar
- 4.R. Zahradnik, M. Nepras, J. Arient, and J. Koutecky, Collect. Czech. Chem. Commun.,31, 1180 (1966).Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Luzanov, Usp. Khim.,69, No. 11, 2086 (1980).Google Scholar
- 6.A. O. Doroshenko, O. A. Ponomarev, and V. G. Mitina, Teor. Éksp. Khim.,24, No. 4, 474 (1988).Google Scholar
- 7.A. O. Doroshenko, O. A. Ponomarev, V. G. Mitina, and V. V. Ivanov, Teor. Éksp. Khim.,24, No. 5, 606 (1988).Google Scholar
- 8.J. Grifts, Dyes and Pigments,3, No. 2-3, 211 (1982).Google Scholar