Lactic acid productivity of a continuous culture of Lactobacillus delbreuckii
- 63 Downloads
Maximum volumetric productivities of biomass (1.40 gl−1h−1) and lactic acid (8.93 gl−1h−1) for a continuous culture ofLactobacillus delbreuckii occurred between dilution rates 0.35h−1 and 0.40h−1. All major nutrients were in excess in these cultures. Glucose utilisation was complete at dilution rates of 0.1h−1 and lower. Product and biomass yields were constant in the dilution rate range studied (0.05h−1 to 0.50h−1).
KeywordsGlucose Biomass Lactic Acid Lactobacillus Acid Productivity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chen, P.S., Toribara, T.Y. & Warner, H. (1956)Anal. Chem., 28, 1756–1758.Google Scholar
- Hanson, T.P. and Tsao, G.T. (1972),Biotechnol. Bioeng., 14, 233–252.Google Scholar
- Keller, A.K. and Gerhardt, P. (1975)Biotechnol. Bioeng., 17, 997–1018.Google Scholar
- Luedeking, R. and Piret, E.L. (1959)J. Biochem. Microb. Techn. Eng. 1, 431–459.Google Scholar
- Peters, V.J. and Snell, E.E. (1954)J. Bacteriol., 67, 69–75.Google Scholar
- Ramasamy, V. and Natarajan, A.M. (1980).Cheiron, 9, 115–122.Google Scholar
- Stenroos, S-L., Linko, Y-Y. and Linko, P. (1982)Biotechnol. Lett. 4, 159–164.Google Scholar
- Vick Roy, T.B., Blanch, H.W. and Wilke, C.R. (1983a)Biotechnol. Lett., 4, 483–488.Google Scholar
- Vick Roy, R.B., Mandel, D.K., Dea, D.K., Blanch, H.W. and Wilke, C.R. (1983b),Biotechnol. Lett., 5, 665–670.Google Scholar