Recyclization of 2-imino-2h-1-benzopyrans under the influence of nucleophilic reagents. 1. New approach to the synthesis of 3-(1,3,4oxadi-, thiadi-, and triazolyl-2)coumarins
- 59 Downloads
It has been found that under the action of hydrazides of carboxylic acids, 2-iminocoumarin-3-carboxamides are recyclized to N(1)-acylamidrazones of coumarin-3-carboxylic acids. The use of N(1)-acylamidrazones is proposed as a simple and effective means of synthesizing 3-(1,3,4-oxadi-, thiodi-, and triazolyl-2)coumarins. The possibilities of alternate schemes of synthesis are discussed, and a mechanism is suggested for the recyclization.
KeywordsOrganic Chemistry Carboxylic Acid Coumarin Alternate Scheme Hydrazide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Zubkov. S. N. Kovalenko, V. P. Chernykh, and S. M. lvkov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 6, 760 (1994).Google Scholar
- 2.D. G. Neilson, R. Roger, J. W. M. Heatlie, and L. R. Newlands, Chem. Rev.,70, 151 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.H. Davidson, K. T. Johnson, B. E. Leggeter, and A. J. Moore, Ger. Pat. 2,344,834; Chem. Abstr.,81, 38958 (1974).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Schwander, Ger. Pat. 2,319,230; Chem. Abstr.,80, 134931 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.M. M. Badran, A. A. El-Gendy, L. N. Soliman, and H. R. EI-Assi, Bull. Fac. Pharm., (Cairo Univ.),28, 39 (1990).Google Scholar
- 6.M. Patsch and C. Vamrakaris, Ger. Pat. 2,529,434; Chem. Abstr.,86, 122953 (1977).Google Scholar
- 7.W. Kuzmierkiewicz, Liebigs Ann. Chem., No. 6, 541 (1987).Google Scholar