Determination of brittleness of refractories tested for heat resistance
- 23 Downloads
When determining heat resistance, it is advisable to classify materials not by their chemical composition, technology of manufacture, regions of application, or other such features, but by their behavior (deformation and fracture) during force loading.
For evaluating the behavior of materials during force loading we have proposed the ratio of potential energy accumulated in the specimen at the instant of fracture to the total energy expended on deformation of the specimen prior to its fracture.
KeywordsBrittleness Total Energy Potential Energy Heat Resistance Force Loading
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. N. Tret'yachenko, Author's Abstract of Doctoral Dissertation [in Russian], IPP (Inst. of Strength of Materials), AN UkrSSR, Kiev (1964).Google Scholar
- 2.A. G. Gashchenko, Probl. Prochnosti, No. 5 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.S. S. Manson, Thermal Stress and Low-Cycle Fatigue, McGraw-Hill (1966).Google Scholar
- 4.V. D. Kinzheri, Measurement at High Temperatures [in Russian], Izd. GNTI po Chernoi i Tsvetnoi Metallurgii, Moscow (1963).Google Scholar
- 5.G. A. Gogotsi, Author's Abstract of Doctoral Dissertation [in Russian], IPP (Inst. of Strength of Materials), AN UkrSSR, Kiev (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.Dauknis et al., Investigation of Thermal Stability of Refractory Ceramics [in Russian], Mintas, Vil'nyus (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.D. P. H. Hasselman, Amer. Ceram. Soc. Bull.,49, No. 12 (1970)Google Scholar
- 8.J. Nakayama and M. Ishizuke, Ceram. Soc. Bull.,45, No. 7 (1966).Google Scholar
- 9.M. J. Popovich, Engineer. Mechan. Division Process, NEM3 (1969).Google Scholar
- 10.G. A. Gogotsi, R. I. Kuriat, et al., Probl. Prochnosti, No. 2 (1970).Google Scholar
- 11.D. I. Trapeznikov, et al., Probl. Prochnosti, No. 12 (1971).Google Scholar
- 12.D. P. H. Hasselman, Intern. J. of Fract. Mech.,7, No. 2 (1971).Google Scholar
- 13.S. Kienow and H. V. Hennick, Tonindustrie Reiting, No. 12, Bd. 90 (1966).Google Scholar
- 14.D. P. H. Hasselman, J. Amer. Cer. Soc., No. 11 (1969).Google Scholar