Calibration of scintillation counters with allowance for scattered radiation
- 20 Downloads
A method is described for calibrating scintillation counters which takes scattered radiation into consideration. Buildup factors for the reflection of radiation from a radium source, and analytic approximations to them, were determined. The formula obtained for the total intensity of direct and scattered ψ-rays gives a calibration curve unperturbed by scattered radiation when used for the calibration of scintillation counters.
KeywordsRadiation Reflection Radium Calibration Curve Analytic Approximation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. I. Baranov, Radiometry [in Russian], Moscow, Izd-vo AN SSSR (1956).Google Scholar
- 2.O. I. Leipunskii, B. V. Novoshilov, and V. N. Sakharov, Propagation of γ-Rays in Matter [in Russian], Moscow, Fizmatgiz (1960).Google Scholar
- 3.B. Price, C. Horton, and K. Spinney, Radiation Shielding [Russian translation], Moscow, Izd-vo Inostr. Lit. (1959).Google Scholar
- 4.M. B. Vasil'ev, Atomnaya Énergiya,21, 2, 135 (1966) [this issue].Google Scholar
- 5.G. V. Gorshkov and S. A. Suppe, In: Radiometric Methods of Uranium Ore Prospecting and Exploration [in Russian], Moscow, Gosgeoltekhizdat (1957).Google Scholar
- 6.H. Goldstein, Fundamental Aspects of Reactor Shielding [Russian translation], Moscow, Gosatomizdat (1961).Google Scholar
- 7.M. B. Vasil'ev and M. A. Merkel, Atomnaya Énergiya,21, 2, 134 (1966) [this issue].Google Scholar