Some functionals over a compact Minkovskii space
- 42 Downloads
In this paper we obtain estimates which are order-exact for the projection and Macphail constants of an arbitrary n-dimensional Banach space: 1≤λ(X)≤√n, 1/n≤μ1(X)≤1/√n.
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. M. Glazman and Yu.I. Lyubich, Finite-Dimensional Linear Analysis [in Russian], Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.B. Grünbaum, “Projection constants,” Trans. Amer. Math. Soc.,95, 451–465 (1960).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Pich, Nuclear Locally Convex Spaces [in Russian], Moscow (1967).Google Scholar
- 4.I. K. Daugavet, “Some applications of the generalized identity of Martsinkevich-Berman,” Vestnik LGU,19, No. 4, 59–64 (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.D. Rutivotz, “Some parameters associated with finite dimensional Banach spaces,” J. London Math. Soc.,40, 241–255 (1965).Google Scholar
- 6.M. M. Day, Normed Linear Spaces [in Russian], Moscow (1961).Google Scholar
- 7.F. John, “Extremum problems with inequalities as subsidiary conditions,” In Studies and Essays, Courant anniversary volume, K. O. Friedrichs (editor), New York (1948), pp. 187–204.Google Scholar
- 8.Y. Gordon, “On the projection and Macphail constants oflP spaces,” Israel J. Math.,6, No. 3, 295–302 (1968).Google Scholar
© Consultants Bureau 1972