On prior density estimators
- 15 Downloads
Sufficient conditions are obtained for asymptotically unbiased and consistent estimators of prior probability density.
KeywordsProbability Density Prior Probability Density Estimator Consistent Estimator Prior Density
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Robbins, “An empirical Bayesian approach in statistics,” Matematika, a collection of translations, Vol. 8 (1964), pp. 133–140.Google Scholar
- 2.Ya. P. Lumel'skii, “Unbiased estimators of the prior distribution and their application,” Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Tekh. Kibern., No. 1, 80–89 (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.A. N. Kolmogorov and S. V. Fomin, Elements of the Theory of Functions and Functional Analysis [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.N. N. Chentsov, Statistical Decision Rules and Optimal Inference [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 5.P. K. Suetin, Classical Orthogonal Polynomials [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 6.E. J. Wegman, “Nonparametric probability density estimation: I. A summary of available methods,” Technometrics,14, No. 3, 533–546 (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.E. Parzen, “On estimation of a probability density function and mode,” Ann. Math. Stat.,33, 1065–1076 (1962).Google Scholar
- 8.H. Bateman and A. Erdelyi, Tables of Integral Transforms [Russian translation], Vol. 1, Nauka, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 9.I. S. Gradshtein and I. M. Ryzhik, Tables of Integrals, Series, and Products [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1962).Google Scholar
- 10.V. I. Smirnov, A Course of Higher Mathematics [in Russian], Vol. 4, Part 1, Nauka, Moscow (1974).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1987