Optimization of direct methods for the approximate solution of weakly singular integral equations
- 31 Downloads
For a class of weakly singular integral equations with power and logarithmic singularities, we establish the optimal order of the error of direct methods and indicate the procedure which realizes this order.
KeywordsIntegral Equation Approximate Solution Singular Integral Equation Optimal Order Logarithmic Singularity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. V. Pereverzev, “On the optimization of adaptive methods for approximate solution of integral equations,”Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,267, No. 6, 1304–1308 (1982).Google Scholar
- 2.N. S. Kurpel',Method of Iterative Projections for Solution of Operator Equations [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.S. V. Pereverzev, “On the optimization of the methods for approximate solution of integral equations with differentiable kernels,”Sib. Mat. Zh.,28, No. 3, 173–183 (1987).Google Scholar
- 4.S. V. Pereverzev and S. G. Solodkii, “On the choice of basis functions for approximate solution of Peierls-type equations,”Zh. Vych. Mat. Mat. Fit.,30, No. 1, 122–131 (1991).Google Scholar
- 5.B. S. Kashin and A. A. Saakyan,Orthogonal Series [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 6.N. P. Korneichuk,Exact Constants in the Theory of Approximation [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1987).Google Scholar
- 7.L. V. Kantorovich and G. P. Akilov,Functional Analysis [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 8.N. P. Korneichuk,Extremal Problems in the Theory of Approximation [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 9.V. K. Dzyadyk,Introduction to the Theory of Uniform Approximation of Functions by Polynomials [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 10.B. G. Gabdulkhaev and V. E. Gorlov, “On the convergence of a polygonal method for solution of weakly singular integral equations,”Funkts. Anal. Prilozhen., 60–72 (1975).Google Scholar