A method of summation of the Fourier-Jacobi series
- 24 Downloads
A summation method is constructed for the Fourier-Jacobi series, which has properties similar to the properties of the de la Vallée-Poussin methods of summation of the Fourier series by the trigonometric system.
KeywordsFourier Series Summation Method Trigonometric System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. S. Kashin and A.A. Saakyan,Orthogonal Series [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1984)Google Scholar
- 2.G. Szegö,Orthogonal Polynomials, American Mathematical Society, Colloquium Publications, Vol. 23, Providence, R.I. (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.K. V. Runovskii, “Direct and inverse theorems on the approximation by ‘an angle’ by algebraic polynomials,” in:Extremal Problems, Functional Analysis, and Applications [in Russian], Moscow University, Moscow (1988), pp. 50–53.Google Scholar
- 4.M. K. Potapov, “Approximations by algebraic polynomials in the integral metrics with Jacobi weights,”Vestn. Mosk. Univ., Ser. Mat. Mekh., No. 4 (1983), pp, 43–52.Google Scholar
- 5.A. F. Timan,Theory of Approximation of Functions of a Real Variable, Pergamon Press, Oxford-London-New York-Paris (1963).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Zygmund,Trigonometric Series, Vol. 1, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1959).Google Scholar